This is personally one of my favorite things to make. Tons of volume for not a lot of calories and every bite is still filled with chipotle- lime- cilantro goodness!!
- 1 head (appx 600g) of iceberg lettuce
- 150g pork fillet (any meat will work!)
- 300g cauliflower rice
- 1 serving of corn salsa (recipe below)
- 50g of salsa
- Oregano, cumin, salt & pepper (or any seasonings of choice)
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- The juice of 1,5 limes
- Sriracha for topping (optional)
- Chipotle Tabasco for topping (optional)
This is what you will need for the corn salsa, the ingredients for this are not included above. This makes 1 serving, which is what we are going to use in this recipe. All the ingredients below are just going to be mixed in a small bowl, and the corn salsa is ready!
- 85g of corn2
- juice of 1/2 lime
- appx 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper chopped up (for less heat, leave out the seeds)
- Cut your meat into small strips, and place it in a pan with some non-stick cooking spray, let it cook on low heat until it starts getting brown, and then turn off the heat
2. While the meat is cooking, cut your bell peppers and onion into small sticks
3. Throw your onions and bell peppers in the same pan as your meat, add your seasonings and turn it to a medium heat and cook until your veggies start getting brown and soft (your meat will be fully cooked by then)
4. While everything is cooking, cut up your lettuce and throw it in a large bowl
5. Add 1 handful of fresh cilantro and the juice of 1,5 limes to the lettuce
6. Throw your cauliflower rice in a separate pan and cook for a couple of minutes until it softens up. I threw in some bay leafs as well, but that is completely optional.
7. Add your cauliflower rice to your bowl on top of the lettuce.
8. Then add meat+onions and peppers, salsa, corn salsa, garnish with some extra cilantro leaves (optional)
9. (optional) top it with Sriracha, and Chipotle Tabasco!
Keep in mind that this recipe can be varied in tons of different ways, to adjust the macros! For example, if you need some more fat, add some cheese/sour-cream/guac to it!
Make sure to let me know if you try this out, by leaving a comment or tagging me on Instagram!! Let me know what you think as well, would love to hear that!
For more insight into my life, and my approach to fitness/nutrition check me out on Instagram @ifandiifym